Sunday, May 31, 2009

"The Mailman"

(1 Corinthians 16:13-14)

I can see you wanting to look me in the eye
Craving my attention just long enough to
Make me a convert of your perverse truth;
You’re destructive heresy.
I can see who you are.

You will think of my anger as misdirected,
My experience as falling short of your own.
I know you and I know what you expect of me.
But if you think I am going to step down
And take the express train to hell to satisfy
You’re mouth full of fear,
You will be sadly put out when I take my seat
Right beside yours.
I can see you for who you are.

You are the trip tongued devil wearing the skins
Of good people to try and pull me under
To drown me in unspoken hatred and burning
Misquotes that make you the angel,
Make me the demon.
I see what you are doing. I can see YOU.

No comments: